When it comes to choosing the perfect place to live off-campus, we know that asking the right questions is key!

If there's anything else you're curious about, please make sure to reach out to our friendly staff, and we'll be more than happy to help!

Where is Elevate231 Located?

3600 Aspen Heights Parkway
Columbia, Missouri 65201

Is Parking Available?

Yes. One Space.

How close is Elevate231 to Campus?

Elevate231 is located 2.8 miles from University of Missouri; shutles are provided to campus.

What are Individual Leases?

With Individual Leases, YOU are only responsible for YOUR (or your student's) rent. You aren’t liable for your roommates' rent at all! Unlike a traditional lease or a joint lease, if your roommate transfers, graduates, or fails to pay his/her rent, it does not affect you or your lease. College students have enough to worry about. An individual lease is one less thing!

How Does Roommate Matching Work?

Elevate231 offers FREE Roommate Matching to our residents. You won't have to worry about finding a roommate online or flyering the entire campus; we'll do the work for you and all you have to do is simply fill out a questionnaire!

Do I Need Renters Insurance?

In our efforts to continue striving to create a safer living environment for your son or daughter, we now require all residents to carry an active renter's insurance policy during their lease term. Requiring renters insurance has become a common practice throughout both on and off-campus student apartments to adequately protect student's belongings such as textbooks, phones, electronics and other valuables. Our research has found that most of these items if damaged or stolen, fall under your homeowner's deductible, so there is no coverage in place. A renter's insurance policy also works to protect you from liability exposure created while your child is away from home such as negligent damage to the apartment unit, negligent damage to another resident's property or even injuries to guests while visiting. Renter's insurance provides peace of mind and protection from the unforeseen events that sometimes occur. For your convenience, we've identified a National insurance provider that has agreed to provide a comprehensive policy to residents at our communities at a preferred group rate!

Do You Have Furniture Available?

We offer several furniture options, including a non-furnished option. However, all apartments come with appliances including a dishwasher, built-in microwave and washer and dryer. Please contact us for more details

What is the Resident Portal?

All of our residents and their guarantors have access to our online resident portal, to assist your student in paying rent and submitting maintenance requests, all with just a few clicks of your mouse!

How can I arrange to see an apartment?

Certainly, we would love for you to visit please call the leasing office at 573.309.4040.

What kind of information will Elevate231 need from me to
process my rental application?

To complete an application and rental agreement you will need a state-issued photo ID.

How do I pay my rent?

You may pay your rent with a credit card or bank account via online payments. Aside from online payments you can also pay in the office or mail a check or money order to:

3600 Aspen Heights Parkway
Columbia, Missiouri 65201

You can find the link to the online payments under the "Residents" option on the menu located at the top of each webpage. Under this, an option for "Pay Your Rent" will appear when you move your mouse over the menu. Following the "Resident Portal," link will take you to the Resident portal that allows you to pay your rent online. You will need to contact the office for your account number for initial set up.

What are the leasing terms?

Elevate231 offers a full year lease which begins on August 1st and ends on July 31st. However, please note move in is in mid-August each year.

What if I want to move in before that?

An early move-in might be possible for an additional fee. Contact the leasing office for more information

Why should I get renter's insurance?

Renters insurance is required to move into Elevate231 it protects your personal property from fire, theft, or natural disasters. Grad Guard is the insurance company that is provided through Elevate231 for $15 per month. You are also allowed to provide your proof of renters insurance.

What is my mailing address?

Your Name
Elevate231, Your Address and Apartment Number
Columbia, Missouri 65201

How do I connect to the internet?

Each bedroom has an internet port; you will need to supply your own Ethernet Cord. To make your devices wireless you will need a wireless router.

Something broke. How do I submit a maintenance request?

You can submit a maintenance request using our automated maintenance request system. The service request form can be found on the menu located at the top of the webpage "Residents." If you place your mouse cursor over the "Residents" option, a pop-down menu will appear, and you will see the option "Resident Portal". When you click on the option, you will be taken to the webpage that allows you to submit your maintenance request.

What do I do if I have a maintenance emergency and it can't wait till morning?

If something is broken in your apartment and requires immediate attention and it is after office hours, please call the maintenance emergency number ASAP and our maintenance staff will be out in a jiffy! Please note that non-emergencies will be billed to the resident for after hour services, including lockouts. Maintenance emergency number is 573.318.1493.

Can I paint the walls / attach stuff to them with duct tape?

When you move out, the apartment should look the same way it did when you moved in minus normal wear and tear. If tape has taken off paint from the walls, you could be charged. You are not allowed to paint or change the color of your walls.

I don't want some piece of furniture that came in the apartment. What should I do with it?

You will need to keep the living room and bedroom furniture that comes with the apartment. You can choose to store it in your unit.

Are we allowed to have pets and are there any fees?

Yes, you are allowed to have pets, but there are fees that need to be paid and all pets MUST be registered with the office. Some restrictions apply. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300.00 and a $30.00 monthly pet rent per pet. The fee must be paid before move-in or stay of pet. Any illegal pets found in apartments will be fined $100 per occurrence. Also, non-pick up of pet waste will result in a $25 fine per occurrence. There are pet waste bags provided. All pets must be registered with the city of Columbia.

What happens if I drop out of school or decide to move and need
to vacate early? Can I get off the lease?

No. The best solution would be to find someone to take over your lease for you. You will need to notify the leasing office that you are interested in finding a replacement for your lease and the staff can provide you with further details for the process. It is the resident's responsibility to find a replacement.

When I leave, does everything in the apartment need to
look exactly the way it did 
when I moved in?

Except for normal wear and tear, the apartment must be returned in the same condition as it was when you took possession of it. Tape should be removed carefully so as not to peel off the paint.